Securing your dream sales job isn’t just about acing the interview; it’s also about what you do afterward. To help you navigate the post-interview process strategically, VIBE Recruiting presents a timeline of events:
- During the interview itself, actively listen for points of synergy between your skills and the company’s needs. Identify areas where your expertise aligns with their challenges. This initial step lays the foundation for your follow-up.
- Strike while the iron is hot! Write a hyper-personalized follow-up note on the same day as the interview. Address specific discussion points, reiterate your understanding of their pain points, and showcase how you can provide solutions. This demonstrates your genuine interest and attention to detail.
- Patience is key. Give the hiring team a few days to provide feedback and updates. This period allows them to process the interview and make decisions.
- If you haven’t heard back within a reasonable timeframe, send a carefully crafted follow-up email. Express your continued interest in the role and inquire about the status of your application. This demonstrates your enthusiasm and commitment. We’ve seen candidates stand out from the crowd with unique touchpoints like: phone call, short video follow-ups, LinkedIn voice recording follow-ups, etc.
- Expand your professional network by connecting with other members of the company on LinkedIn. This step reinforces your interest in the role and your desire to become part of the team. Feel free to ask about their experience, the culture, etc. but try not to push on your candidacy during these interactions. They should be organic in your efforts of learning more about the company. The timing of your connections could lead to quicker responses, increased visibility, and additional referrals.
- Do what you do best, sell! Throughout this process, remember to sell yourself with the same passion and dedication you’d use to sell a product. Showcase your unique value, emphasizing how you’ll drive revenue and make a significant impact within the organization. We’ve seen strong candidates identify potential prospects, make connections in their rolodex, and add immediate value through additional channels of their network.
By following this strategic timeline, you’ll not only make a lasting impression but also increase your chances of landing that coveted sales position. Remember, in sales, every interaction counts as an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and dedication.
If you’re a top SaaS seller looking for more advice, tips, and tricks to ace your interviews – get in touch with us!